June 15, 2010

What I was

A couple of years ago i bought a book solely bassed on the first sentece.

Page one.

"I am a century old, an impossible age, and my brain has no anchor in the present. Instead it drifts, nearly always to the same shore." -from 'What I was' by Meg Rosoff

Sold.

And with great determination i walked to the cassiere. Bought the book and in the end hardly read beyond that first sentence.

I own a lot of books, even after the great move of 2008, prior to which i sold many of them. There's a stack of books waiting to be read or finished, yet i still buy new books. It has to end.

Twenty years from now I would love to have library in my home, just like my parents have. But I would hate to see the shelves filled with books I still have to read. Instead I would love the shelves to be filled with books I've read so I can search for the next best thing without guilt and with much pleasure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 To read, reading, read. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan